Sunday, November 8, 2009

Football Party


I kept the cake a surprise until the party. Which is a hard task to do. He was so excited when I showed him his cake. If you can't tell what it is.... It is a football field. I did chocolate cake for dirt and green frosting then put coconut that I made green so it looked like grass. The field goals I made out of straws. It has two trophies and a football on it.

I bought all the boys a football and had them write their own autograph on it. They also put their favorite team and logos on the ball. We also brought a football target they got to see if they could make a shot.


The best part on my day was when Johnathan wrapped his arms around me and told me it was the best birthday party ever. It makes all the hard work worth every minute. I never thought planning a boy's football party would be this much fun. Happy Birthday Johnathan I can't believe you are 7. I am so proud to be your Mom.

4 comments:

Marie Rose said...

fum! I'm very impressed with your cake. You would fit right in at our house. I can't believe how big Jonathan is. It seem like only yesterday he was a little baby running around grandma's house.

Chels said...

Cute! Your such a great mom, I hope I can be that creative when the time comes.

Katie said...

Awesome job! Good thing you had plenty of trophies. Maybe if I knew i'd get a trophy, I'd put better in Bear Lake!

Lisa said...

I had forgotten that he and Oliver's birthdays were one day apart (11/06 for Jonathan, right?) Happy birthday!! Your party sounds amazing, by the way!