Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July


We went to Lubbock's parade. We had a great spot in some shade and at the first of the parade route so the kids got lots of candy.

I love this picture with the flags.

Luke is trying to pick up his flag that dropped. Of course he had a cookie in his other hand.

Fireworks at the Wolfforth park. Luke wasn't even scared. He got a little tired at the end. Tyler and Chelsea where able to come too.

We met some of our friends there. The kids had a great time and went to bed way too late. I am so happy and grateful for the men and women who defend this beautiful country and put their lives in harms way so we can enjoy our freedom. Happy 4th of July. I hope everyone had a happy and safe day. We missed everyone at the Farr West Freedom Festival. Maybe next year.

4 comments:

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

Mira good to see you on the 4th! Your kiddos looked so big!

Katie said...

So much fun! Wish we were w/y'all!

Jessie said...

Mira, it's Jessie (watson) :) How are you? I found your blog through Nikki's, your kids are darling! anyway, its fun to keep in touch through these things! email me, jessieasteele@gmail.com and I'll send ya an invite to my blog! Take care.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that ran into you at Costco! It will be so nice to see what you and your family are up to. Your blog is really cute! I can't wait to check it out more often. I hope you guys enjoyed your visit to Utah!