Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Menu Board Insturctions

In response to the menu board instructions. First, I use a erasable marker to write the days of the month and the menu. I use it just like a calender. It helps me plan the up coming weeks menu and it keeps track of the meals that have all ready made that month.

*You could use it as a family calender and not put the words menu on it.

1. 12 x 12 piece of thin wood
2. 12 x 12 piece of scrapbook paper
3. 8 x 11 piece of paper, print a calender on it and laminate it
4. embellishments
5. craft paint that matches your paper.

Paint the sides and back of the board. Modpodge the 12x12 piece of paper. Modpodge on top of the scrapbook paper and the edges of the wood to help seal it. Glue the calender on with craft glue. Embellishments I put on with hot glue. I bought a stand to put mine on but you could use a wall hook to hang it on the wall. Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.


2 comments:

Katie said...

You never cease to amaze my talented sister-in-law!

Melissa said...

Mirz,
The board turned out SO cute. Great job! I'm sure that all of the ladies at church will love theirs. I think this could get me alot more organized when it comes to meal planning.